On February 7, 2015 our 2nd Annual Business & Leadership Summit for high school girls will again be held in Newark at the Rutgers Business School.
KPMG and PNC Bank are corporate co-sponsors of the Summit and will have panel participants from their organizations sharing their business career experiences and guidance for young women with our high school attendees.
Sample feedback from the 1st Annual Summit:
"It was very eye opening and it really showed how pivotal planning for my future is."
100% will recommend future similar programs to their high school classmates and leaders
95% indicated they enjoyed the event and found it worthwhile
75% indicated the Conference increased their interest in pursuing a business oriented college education and career
There are available four full pages of positive feedback from everyone involved in the May 3rd program.
The Summit provides an opportunity for successful women business leaders to share their experiences and guidance while encouraging high school girls to consider pursuing a business oriented education and career.
We are currently developing the February 7th Buisness & Leadership Summit which includes:
- Attracting corporate sponsors from organizations sharing our commitment to empowering young New Jersey women. To provide diversity to attendees, only one corporate sponsorship per category is available. KPMG and PNC Bank both committed early to supporting this important effort to educate and empower young New Jersey women
- Lining up keynote speakers and panelists. At the 1st Annual Summit, 24 women participated in these roles. Many more wanted to be included. Again, each speaking participants came from a unique business sector including law, accounting, retail, online, consulting, digital marketing, pharmaceuticals, nonprofit, logistics, manufactoring and sports.
- Finalizing the structure of the Summit, which will include:
- Confirming a couple of important keynote addresses
- Organizing four unique panels of 3 or 4 women in various stages of successful diverse business careers. We anticipate a panel of "C" level executives, one of women business owners, one of young women in the first five years of their business careers and one of Rutgers Business School students sharing their experiences and goals.
- A discussion led by Rutgers' admission team on what business schools look for when assessing applicants.
- Recruiting appropriate women in business to serve as volunteer mentors to participating Business & Leadership Summit high school girls as a follow up to the Summit, a great way for women and their organization to "give back".
- Starting to spread the word to high school girls and their counselors about the February 7th Summit. We are sure the event will again be oversubscribed so, if you know of any high school girls with a possible interest in following a business education and career, please connect us. Don't let young women you know get shut out of this important learning opportunity.
- Work with an organization that would be a terrific sponsor for the Summit
- Might like to participate as a panelist
- Are interested in mentoring one of the young women attending the Summit
Latest from Judy Chapman
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Awards $30,000 Grant to Provide Scholarships That Will Enhance Learning Opportunities for BSN Students
- Sarah Krom Becomes President of New Jersey Society of CPAs for 2018/19; Youngest to Hold Office
- My Book of the Month
- Capacity Crowd Attended the 5th Annual Business Education and Career Summit
- Learn About a Business Education & Career