Nestled in the beautiful Skylands Region of New Jersey, the house now known as The Whistling Swan Inn, a Stanhope, New Jersey bed and breakfast, was built in 1905 by Justice of the Peace, Daniel Best, for his wife, Sarah. After passing through six families, this wonderful old house was restored to its turn-of-the-century Victorian splendor and converted to a bed and breakfast in 1985.
We have kept the flavor of a vintage family home from a friendly welcome and refreshments at arrival to a sumptuous breakfast in our dining room or on our pillared porch. Whatever the season, a myriad of activities awaits you in the Skylands…New Jersey’s best kept getaway secret!
Stroll in our Victorian garden or just relax on the veranda, reading the morning paper. Spend the afternoon enjoying the highlights of the Skylands Region; Waterloo Village, Lake Hopatcong, Morris Canal, Chester crafts, antiquing, horseback riding, hiking, and biking in the state parks. After a busy day, enjoy a quiet time… swing on the porch swing, take a nap in the side-yard hammock, or sit in our parlor and enjoy pleasant conversations with newfound friends.
First, have breakfast at The Whistling Swan Inn near Newton, Sparta, Lake Hopatcong, and Chester, NJ. Later, enjoy fine dining at one of the Skylands gourmet restaurants, some within walking distance of the Inn. Highlight your evening at a local entertainment spot, or simply take a stroll and enjoy the quiet. Once the evening is over, snuggle up with your special someone and enjoy a glass of sherry and homemade cookies on the veranda or next to a crackling fire in our cozy guest parlor. When ready to retire, sink into your queen-sized featherbed and fall asleep to a movie from our video library.
The Whistling Swan Inn, a bed and breakfast in New Jersey, offers a variety of lodging from standard rooms to full luxury suites. Each room has been individually decorated and furnished with antiques and reproductions to reflect opulent living with a Victorian flair. Luxuries such as pillow-top beds or featherbeds, Egyptian cotton towels and linens, fluffy robes, and quality bath amenities are found in every room.
The Whistling Swan Inn has two beautiful suites that are perfect for those guests desiring more space or just the perfect atmosphere for a special occasion. In addition to all of the amenities listed above, both suites have a two-person Jacuzzi, fireplace, fluffy robes, and a mini-fridge. You don't want to miss an opportunity to stay over in one of these units...they truly are the best and the perfect alternative to conventional hotel accommodations!
Our wonderful country buffet breakfast, all day complimentary beverages, snacks, and homemade cookies are included during your stay.
ALL rooms have:
» Queen-sized beds (King-size in Walnut Valley Suite and Stillwater Mini suite), TV/VCR/DVD, wireless DSL connection, and private bath.
» Rates listed do not include the 7% NJ sales tax and 5% lodging tax.
» Rates also include a full, country buffet breakfast and 24-hour complimentary hospitality bar.
» Complimentary computer and printer in front parlor for Internet access.
» For your comfort, the Inn is centrally air conditioned.
We hope you will enjoy our New Jersey accommodations when you make The Whistling Swan Inn your vacation spot. The many amenities and comforts we have in place will make your B&B lodging experience feel like home.
* Full country buffet breakfast, served in common dining room from 7:30 to 9:00 am, Tuesday - Friday and 8:30 to 10:00 on Saturday- Monday(earlier breakfast by request (special diets accommodated)
* Central air conditioning and heating. We are open year round. Your comfort is our priority.
* Ceiling fans
* Private bath en suite
* Expanded cable television, a DVD/ VCR, and access to a complimentary video library of 150 + movies
* Stereo clock radio/CD player, some with MP3 player hookup
* Courtesy A/C outlet for chargers
* Hair Dryers & Bath Amenities
* Irons & Ironing Board
* Top quality mattresses
* Complimentary candy in each room
* Complimentary snacks, homemade cookies, and beverages
* Refrigerator, microwave, and ice maker in common area (some rooms also have refrigerators)
* FREE high-speed wireless Internet access on the whole property
* Computer and printer in second parlor for guest use
* Free and secure off-street parking
* Relax, refresh, and reconnect in our garden area surrounded by lush landscaping, flowers, birds singing, and a fountain.
* Massage services available
* Fax and copier (on premises)
* Complimentary trip planning
* So much more...
For more information about this exceptional New Jersey B&B click here. Mention you learned about the B&B from Garden State Woman